Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Kid Room Fixes

You know those annoying-type projects? The ones that are on your to-do list f-o-r-e-v-e-r?
I had a few of those annoying things on my list. 
So, before they turned into 'forever' on the list, I got it done.

#1
Broken Dresser Drawer
'Cause I'm not the only one that has a 2-year-old that deems is necessary to get into the drawer to get something out of the drawer, right????
When he came down the stairs saying, "Broke." I knew that wasn't good!

Broke was right! The white drawer front was broken off of the actual drawer.
Thank goodness for Gorilla Wood Glue and a few tiny nails.
(The paint can on top was my 'weight' on the drawer as it dried- professional, I know!)

#2
Sagging Bed Skirt 
We don't have little Buddy's bed up too high so if he falls out, he doesn't have that far to go.
I decided to pin the excess fabric so that no matter how much his mattress moves around, the bed skirt will stay put because it is now pinned to the perfect length.
(fold and pin is all I did here)



#3
Wall Banging
No, not the head or the toy kind. I'm talking about when little Buddy jumps into bed (or is thrown into bed by Daddy) that bang you hear when the headboard hits the wall.
Then Mommy cringes knowing a paint touch might be in order.
My solution- carpet. 
(I need to preface here- this is TOTALLY an idea that came from my brilliant mom!)
If you have carpet scraps, do this!
I cut pieces of carpet scraps and nailed a piece on each side of the back of the headboard. Now only quiet banging occurs! :)

What's on your to-do list that you can get done this weekend?
Do it before it turns into f-o-r-e-v-e-r!

No comments:

Post a Comment