Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12, 1983

February 12, 1983...

The 'Blizzard of 1983' was dropping tons of snow.
A young couple was anxiously awaiting the arrival of their first child. 
The soon-to-be-mothers' water broke in the middle of the night and excitedly 
told the soon-to-be-father, "It's time."
Their car (a white, 2-door 1972 Volkswagen Bug) was stuck 
in the snow outside of their quiet little home. 
The panicked soon-to-be-father ran inside to call for an ambulance. 
They arrived safely at the hospital and at 11:56 pm, 
the new parents welcomed a healthy baby girl.
(Me)

Although today is my birthday, and year after year, I am showered with love, gifts and family, I want to say a special
Thank You
to the parents that brought me into this world (and who sometimes threatened to take me out), parents who raised me with love and forgiveness and parents who continue to be the best parents that that little baby girl could have ever hoped for 29 years ago.
I love you Mom and Dad!
-Daughter

Now I should say, "Let the celebration begin!", but it already has!
It starts every year when I get my free Starbucks drink card in the mail.
:)
You can order ANYTHING you want. My choice this year? A venti decaf white-chocolate mocha.
(Love is right)

Speaking of LOVE, here's mine on my 'Birthday Dinner Date'.

My restaurant of choice... a Japanese Bistro.

I also got to pick what I wanted to do.
That was a no-brainer. The older I get, the more I love to shop!!!!
A mini shopping spree to buy new lamps and bedside tables for my bedroom re-do.
(Don't worry, MUCH more coming about that!)

And the babysitters (a.k.a. Nana and Pa) even left Krispy Kreme after babysitting!

The way "29" has started already, I can tell this is going to be a great year!

Praising the Lord that he has allowed me another birthday and I feel so blessed for my family and friends to help celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Glad you all could go on a date. Can't wait to see all you do to your master bedroom...

    ReplyDelete