Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

31 Days of Things I've Been Wanting to Do, Day 6: New Crock Pot Dinner

I had never had Osso Buco so I thought it seemed easy enough to try (from a recipe that was in my e-mail). After I made it, and we liked it, I searched on-line for other Osso Buco recipes. Turns out, the recipe I made is not much like a real Osso Buco recipe at all. (Sad face) I guess that's why the original recipe title was in " ". But, on the other hand, I do have a great recipe to share! (Happy face). I'll just rename it. :)

Easy Italian Chicken

What You'll Need:
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 lb.)
1/4 cup flour
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 can Italian stewed tomatoes, with juice
2 Tb. sun dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
Cooked, hot rice

Here's How:
1. Toss the chicken with the flour in a crock-pot.


2. Add all remaining ingredients except the rice. Stir.


3. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.  I was going to be out of the house for a few hours so I adapted the time to fit my schedule and cooked it on high for 2 hours and then on low for 4 hours.

4. Stir chicken mixture until sauce is thickened and serve over rice.

I felt bad only including 3 pictures! But, hey, that's just how easy it was! I love dinners that are very minimal clean-up. In this case, just a crock pot!

Adapted from Chicken "Osso Buco"

No comments:

Post a Comment