Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

31 Days of Things I've Been Wanting to Do, Day 19: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting



I was introduced to this recipe from a friend in a lady's group at Church. Ever since I tasted them, I have been wanting to make them! I had NO problem finishing off one during our group meeting. (Ok, really, it was two. And I might have licked the cupcake liner.)

 This recipe is sure to be devoured by pumpkin lovers like myself! The cinnamon cream on top is the perfect topping to this moist pumpkin cake!

What You'll Need:
1 pkg. spice cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1 can pumkpin
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar
1 and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Here's How:
Heat oven to 350*
1. Beat cake mix, sour cream, pumpkin, oil and eggs until well blended. Spoon into 24, lined muffin cups.
2. Bake 20 -22 minutes or tooth pick tested. (Inserting a tooth pick in the center and it comes out clean.)
Cool in the pan 10 minutes, then remove to cool completely.
3. Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually beat in sugar. Blend in cinnamon and then pipe or spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.


Please don't judge my Cupcake by it's cover!
Next time, I will be adding more powdered sugar to get my frosting to stay put.
Mine were messy! My husband was totally right when he said, "The messier, the better!"

Source: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment