Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

31 Days of Things I've Been Wanting to Do, Day 7: Movie Night!

Yep! A Movie Night with the kids is Something I've Been Wanting to Do....


Our movie tonight? Robin Hood. No, not the new one, the Disney classic from 1973. And yes, it was complete with popcorn!
Here's a few of our favorite lines.... (the ones I'll be hearing daily for the next few weeks)...
"Yeah! Mind your matters!"
"I'm scared of Prince John, he's cranky!"
"You gotta trick 'ol bushel britches!"

What you don't see from the pictures above... dirty dishes in the sink, clothes in the washer and dryer, clothes on the stairs begging to be put away and newly left pop-corn kernels in between the couch cushions. And, yes, if you know me, you'll think I typed that last sentence wrong. So again... there are dirty dishes in the sink, clothes to be washed and dried and put away! And to think I sat for 2 hours watching a movie!
I have been convicted lately about my 'quality' time with my kids. So, tonight, I left the things that 'needed' to be done, and did the one thing that I NEEDED to do. And I loved every minute! Wasn't it just a few days ago that these were my babies?.....


Reese

Graham

Time flies when you're having fun!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun time! I have to admit, at first I didn't think this was something that belonged on your "been wanting to do list". We have" family movie night" way too often! And my dishes, laundry and piles are neglected on a daily basis! Ugh. I always wondered how your house always looks spotless when we've visited. Cause it always is. hehehe I need to take lessons from you! I guess we all have things to learn from one another and balance is key! GREAT Movie BTW!!! My favorite as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun night! I, too, left dirty dishes in the sink last night and couldn't believe that I did! As soon as I got up this morning, though, they were rinsed and in the dishwasher :)

    ReplyDelete