Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

31 Days of Things I've Been Wanting to Do, Day 15: 'Sweetest' Hot Cocoa

It's Sweetest Day around our house today. I had an extravagant 'heart' shaped dinner planned but, as the events of the day unfolded, we had to forgo some of the plans I had made. But, the important ones stayed! The kids got to open little Sweetest Day gifts (A book and a toy each.). Joel got coffee (So original, I know, but he's a simple kinda guy like that!) and I was surprised with flowers.

The other important thing I made sure to get done today is a hot cocoa recipe I've been dreaming about since I saw it a few weeks ago. I've been waiting for a chilly-get-in-pajamas-don't-have-to-go-anywhere type of night. And I'm so glad it landed on Sweetest Day. It made this day even sweeter!

Two things you need to know.... NUTELLA and cinnamon buns. (I know, I had you at Nutella, but seriously, this hot cocoa is delicious!!!!!)

Nutella Hot Cocoa

What You'll Need:
2 cups milk
3 Tb. Nutella
1 t. Hershey's Cocoa Special Dark
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
1/8 t. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Marshmallows


Here's How:
1. Heat milk in a small sauce pan.

2. When warm, add Nutella and whisk until smooth. Add cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.

3. Whisk and bring to a simmer. (CAUTION: it will boil over quickly and that is not a fun mess to clean up. I know this from personal experience. Think of all that deliciousness that was wasted!)

4. No hot cocoa is complete without marshmallows. And OF COURSE I cut them into heart shapes to finish off our 'Sweetest' Hot Cocoa!

The little people of the house seemed to enjoy. And believe me, you will too!




No comments:

Post a Comment