Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Lindsey's Glazed Pecan Bars

Yes, you read that first word right. Lindsey's. Ahhhh! I'm so excited.
OK, really, I don't think that ANY recipe is officially 'made up'. Because, don't you think all the recipes have already been done? Well I didn't follow a recipe. I actually looked at 3 or 4 and combined and changed to come up with this....



And yes, now I have you! Delicious looking, right?
I'll tell you why I am so excited....

I am not the type of cook/baker that can taste something and then go and recreate it. NEVER have I done that. So, I tasted these 'Autumn Pecan Bars' a month or so ago at a fun little bakery and I wanted (NEEDED) the recipe. I craved it. And yes, for the record, it is totally fine to crave something to eat even if you do not have a person growing inside of you! Funny thing is, I don't like pecans.... well, until now.

I called the bakery to get the recipe. I knew it would be too easy if they just gave it to me, and of course, they didn't. I was told, it had a shortbread base (which I knew) and your 'typical' pecan filling with spice. It just tasted like more than that to me...
At the end of the phone conversation, he said, "Good luck!"
Ha, I don't need luck, I thought, I need Google.

Lindsey's Glazed Pecan Bars


What You'll Need:
Crust-
1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 Tablespoon butter
Pecan Filling-
2 eggs
1 cup dark Karo Syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoon butter (melted)
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup chopped pecans
Glaze-
6 Tablespoons powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup

1. For the shortbread crust:
Pulse the flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch and salt in a food processor.


2. Add butter and pulse... until coarse crumbs form.



3. Pat into a 9 x 13 greased baking dish. Bake at (preheated) 350* for 20 minutes.

4. While crust is cooking, combine eggs, Karo, salt, vanilla, sugar, butter, spice and pecans.

5. When crust is done, pour pecan mixture over the crust. Bake at 450* for 15 minutes and then at 350* for 30 minutes.

6. For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and maple syrup in a small bowl.

7. Pour glaze over baked pecan bars while it's still hot. Spread evenly.
 Cool completely before cutting.

From my kitchen to yours, ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment