Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Cranberry Chicken and A Movie Night

We love watching the Christmas kid movies that come on t.v. during the Holiday Season.
(I especially like the shorter movies that Graham has the patience to sit through!)

This year the kids have been patiently waiting to see the new 'Prep and Landing'.

Before you start a fun family movie night, you need to have a great dinner first.
Enter, Cranberry Chicken. Easy and D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.....
It even sounds like Christmas, doesn't it???

Cranberry Chicken
(Read closely because this will go super fast and I don't want you to miss it!)
1. Start with bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed. Place them in a 9 x 13 baking dish.

2. Mix one 8oz. bottle of Catalina dressing, one envelope of onion soup mix and one can of whole cranberry sauce in a bowl.

3. Pour the sauce over the chicken.

4. Are you getting this? Because, you're almost done!
Bake, covered with foil, @ 350* for 1 1/2 hours.
Remove the foil and cook 15 minutes more. 

And ta-da! A delicious, easy and affordable (did I mention DELICIOUS?) meal!!!!
When your husband says, "This chicken is really good", you know it's good.
But when your husband says that THREE times in one dinner????
You've made something REALLY good!

I served my chicken with mashed potatoes and honey cornbread.
I know for a fact that this meal will be in Heaven waiting for me one day!

Now for our little movie night...

Must have pop-corn!
(And Mommy put a little something extra in- Christmas Peanut M&M's)

And can you guess what Little Mister picked out first????

Don't forget the pillows and blankies....
Enjoy this sweet time.... it doesn't last long enough!

1 comment:

  1. Your Cranberry chicken is delicious!!! I have made it at least 6 times already and I love to make it in the crock pot!! (I use boneless chicken breasts) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete