Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Madness- Christmas Tree Decorating

Christmas Decorating MADNESS (the type of MADNESS I love)...
Playing a favorite Christmas CD always helps!

Every year, our kids get to decorate their own trees in their rooms...



Finished...


(Graham needed a little help from Mommy and Daddy this year)

Our BIG tree usually takes a couple of days to finish. We put it up and light it in one day and we take another day to decorate it. I was pleasantly surprised when we opened the Christmas boxes to find things I had bought last year, after the holiday season on clearance, to use with decorating the tree. (I'm not sure why I was surprised because that happens every year!)
I had bought a huge roll of red mesh and a roll of gold polka dot ribbon.


So, I decided the colors for the tree this year would be red and gold....

When my husband and I were first married, I started collecting magnets from all of the places we traveled together. We had only collected a few magnets when I thought to start collecting ornaments instead.

Some places we visit, I find an ornament there....



Other trips, I have an ornament made later to remind us of a trip...

And every year, I purchase a family ornament with our names and year...

One by one, we will one day have a tree full of places we have visited and years we have been a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment