Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Very Happy Mother's Day!

If you saw your Mom on Mother's Day, I hope you gave her a hug!
And if you don't live close to your mom, you should ALWAYS call her and say Happy Mother's Day.
An added dose of Mother's Day love, is the common Facebook status update or Tweet of something sweet about your Mom.
And if you have a blog..... You should devote a whole post to her! ;)


I love my Mom for bringing me into this world and loving me unconditionally.
I love my Mother-In-Law for accepting me into her family and loving me as her own daughter.
Both have shown me love, gentleness and the true meaning of MOM.




This is one of my favorite Mother's Day stories I received in an e-mail years ago...

The MOM Test
I was out walking my 4 year old daughter. She picked up something off of the ground and proceeded to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and told her that we don't put things in our mouths!

"Why?" my daughter asked.

"Because it's been on the ground. You don't know where it's been; it's dirty and full of germs." I replied.

At this point, my daughter was looking at me with total admiration and asked, "Mommy, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart."

I was thinking quickly. "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mom Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mom."

We walked along in silence for 2 to 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information.

"Oh, I get it!" She beamed. "So if you don't pass the Mom Test, you have to be the Dad."

"Exactly." I replied with a big smile on my face. 




These two put smiles on my face every day!



Although I feel like everyday is Mother's Day, it sure was fun to see the excitement in their eyes while 'treating Mommy special' with gifts and a special breakfast!

My husband treats me special everyday and has set a great example for our kids.
(Oh, and thanks Honey for giving me two beautiful children!)




I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment