Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Nutella Bread Pudding

Here is the promised "Happy Birthday to Joel" breakfast recipe...
(And my reason for such bad pictures... I didn't take a lot because I knew they would turn out unfocused. Which they did. The reason? I dropped my camera. The unfocusedness is due to the rattling I hear in my lens. Not good. I know. Shopping for a new one now.)


Nutella Bread Pudding
Source:  adapted from Inspired Taste

Here's What You'll Need:
4 Large Croissants
Nutella
2 Eggs
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar + more for dusting

Here's How:
1. Preheat the oven to 350*.
2. Slice the croissants (as you would for a sandwich) and slather one cut side with Nutella. I didn't specify an amount because I don't think you should limit something like Nutella.
(he he)
Put the slices together, creating a Nutella sandwich. Then cut into 2 inch pieces.

3. Add those pieces to a 10x9 loaf dish.

4. For the custard- Whisk together the eggs, cream, vanilla, salt and sugar. Pour over the Nutella croissants. Press the croissants down to absorb the custard.

5. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes until golden brown and custard is absorbed.
6. Cool slightly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve.

Only one word needed to describe the bread pudding- Y-U-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment