Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

The BEST Macaroni and Cheese.....

I know, I know.....
EVERYONE and their Mother has 'The BEST' Macaroni and Cheese recipe.
Well, I do too! ;)

It's the only kind I make... er, um.... if I don't reach for the kind in the blue box.
(Hey! I am NOT the only person who serves the occasional
macaroni-and-cheese-from-a-box-with-powder-as-'cheese').

So, when I have the time (which really isn't an excuse with this recipe) and when I'm craving 'the real deal' this is what I serve.....




Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Here's What You Need:
2 cups elbow macaroni (or any pasta you have on hand)
2 eggs, beaten
1 can evaporated milk
1 stick of margarine, melted
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
4 Tb melted margarine

Here's How:
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until almost tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and the stick of melted margarine. Season with salt.

3. Put 1/2 of the cooked macaroni into a 2 quart baking dish and top with 1/2 of the cheddar cheese.
Repeat layers.

4. Pour the milk mixture over the macaroni and cheese.

5. In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, paprika, 4 Tb melted margarine and the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle bread mixture over the macaroni.

6. Bake at 350* until brown and bubbly, 40-45 minutes.

Make it and enjoy all of the cheesy yumminess that oozes out of the noodles.
Once you taste this recipe, I have a feeling you might agree with the title of
"Best" Macaroni and Cheese!



Adapted from Chef Joe's Baked Macaroni and Cheese.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete