Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Monkey Bread

As promised (yesterday in my Disney Countdown Movie Night) here is the Monkey Bread my family is in love with......
 Doesn't it look delicious? Well, this picture isn't lying!
If you've never made Monkey Bread before, stop everything RIGHT NOW and go make some.
Then come back and thank me for changing your life. Okay... I'm kidding... or maybe not....
Seriously though, here is an easy recipe to try. YUM.



Start with a can of Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Butter Tastin' biscuits.
You can use another kind of biscuit, but I have and I'll tell ya, it's just not the same. Since I always have the other ingredients on hand that are needed for this recipe, I don't mind splurging on the Grands!
 Pop open the can and cut each biscuit into 6 pieces.

Let your biscuits hang out on the cutting board for a minute while you mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a gallon size bag. 
When your sugar and cinnamon are mixed, add your cut biscuits to the bag. Close and gently shake it around until all the biscuit pieces are covered.

Next, you'll need to melt 1/2 a stick of butter or margarine and then add that to 1/4 cup brown sugar.
This is the sticky yumminess that your monkey bread will be sitting in. It might just be the best part!

When you've mixed the melted butter and brown sugar, you'll need to spoon some into each of your 8, sprayed, muffin cups. It evens out to (almost) a tablespoon of butter/brown sugar goodness per muffin cup.
Now you need to divide your coated biscuit pieces evenly between your 8 muffin pan cups. Each muffin cup will have 6 pieces of biscuits.
(If you have any extra sugar/cinnamon mixture in the bottom of the bag, sprinkle it on your biscuits.)

I place my muffin pan on a cookie sheet for baking. I've have it bubble over into my oven one too many times!
Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 15-18 minutes (or until the centers are not gooey- we don't like gooey dough around here.)

 Let them rest a few minutes in the pan before you turn them over and let them plop out. (I use my cookie sheet for this so I don't have to wash another dish.)

  Plate and serve! (There usually isn't time to plate them... little monkey hands take their bread right off the warm pan!)

I used this recipe as my dessert on our Disney Countdown Movie Night. I called it 'Abu's Monkey Bread' since we were watching the Disney movie Aladdin. But to be honest, it's usually a weekend breakfast treat. 
Morning, Noon or Night, you are sure to enjoy!



Monkey Bread
Here's What You'll Need:
1 can Pillsbury Butter Tastin' Biscuits
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar

Here's How:
1. Preheat oven to 350* and spray 8 muffin pan cups with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut your biscuits into 6 even pieces.
3. Combine your granulated sugar and cinnamon in a zip closer bag. Add your cut biscuit pieces and shake gently to coat evenly.
4. Combine your melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl and divide even among the sprayed muffin cups. (About 1 Tablespoon per muffin cup.)
5. Divide the coated biscuits evenly among the muffin cups. (6 pieces of biscuit in each)
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the dough is cooked through. Allow the monkey bread to cool slightly in the pan before you turn them over onto a pan or serving platter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment