Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Kid Valentines


I love the idea {especially for little ones} of NOT giving candy as part of a Valentine. 

I know, I know... what fun right? 
Well, if you saw the candy, cupcakes, brownies, and suckers my daughter brought home from her school Valentine party, I have a feeling you'd agree that non-candy Valentines can be just as fun!

Here are two we made this year...

For Graham, I fell in love with the idea of bouncy ball Valentines when I first spotted the ones Dandee made HERE.

What 3 year-old boy doesn't love bouncy balls? 

I started by printing the Valentine messages on card stock to be cut...

Then little {super excited} hands helped fill the small clear bags I already had on hand from a craft store.
We decided to include several ball accessories into the Valentines. We found small bouncy balls, ball stickers and assorted ball mini note pads in the party section at Wal-Mart.
All things 'ball' that my 3-year-old would love to receive!

I rounded the corners of the Valentine message before stapling them to the bag.

He was one proud little guy carrying this box of Valentines into his Wednesday night Church class to pass out to his friends!



Reese's school Valentines took a little more time.
Gone are the days of braiding three strands of embroidery floss and tying a knot at the end and calling it a bracelet.
Now, you need time, patience and one of these....

I'll admit, you can make some pretty neat bracelets with that machine, but since it was my first time, I decided to start with the least-complicated version. I kept it easy on myself and made all the bracelets the same, just changing the colors. That part, Reese gladly helped. :)

This was another idea from Dandee and I was able to print her Valentine Message for these adorable 'Knot' Valentines HERE.

After I printed them on card stock, I cut them out in circles and hole punched two holes in each to hold the bracelet.




Reese's gift to her teacher was a 'Cupcake Box'. All the things, in one box, that she will need to make herself cupcakes! (Valentine oven mitts, hand towels, and spatula, a cupcake holder, a cupcake corer, cupcake liners and sprinkles. And of course, a box of cupcake mix and frosting!)

I found these super cute boxes with chalkboard windows. I think I'm going to go back for more! I keep finding things to use them for!



And for Reese's School Valentine party, we signed up for Rice Krispie treats. Her Daddy makes one killer Rice Krispie treat! ;)
(I threw him a curve ball when I suggested making them look like ice cream cones.)
They turned out adorable!

He put the Rice Krispie treat in a cake cone and then we melted chocolate for the top.
Topping it with a little love in the form of heart sprinkles.


Don't forget your lunch!!!!
(A heart-shaped PB&J sandwich, of course!)


1 comment: