Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pumpkin Egg Nog French Toast

It's that sad time of year...
when we must de-Christmas-tize.

Good-bye gigantic tree that takes us 3 days to put up.
(Funny how it can come down much faster!)



But say HELLO to our now favorite French Toast!



It started a few days ago when my hubby asked me to buy Egg Nog, "Just one more time before they stop selling it. They do still have it right?"
I replied with, "Oh, I'm sure it'll be around a few more weeks."

Well, the next grocery store trip proved me wrong. Thankfully, they had a few 1/2 gallons on clearance. (If you call $1.99 clearance for something that expires the next day!)


I had to come up with a way to use up that 1/2 gallon in two days.

Enter, a yummy (post) Holiday breakfast...

Pumpkin Egg Nog French Toast


What You'll Need:
4 Eggs
1 cup Pumpkin Egg Nog (or plain Egg Nog)
Cinnamon and Nutmeg to flavor
8 Pieces of bread

Here's How:
Whisk the egg, Egg Nog, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.

Dip your pieces of bread in, one by one and cook them in a hot skillet with butter.
Cook both sides. But really, this is JUST like regular french toast, just cook it how you normally would.
I serve mine with butter and syrup.

And I'm tellin' you! The pumpkin Egg Nog puts this French toast OVER-the-top delicious!
                           

Did you notice that the picture is just 1/2 of the french toast? 
Yeah, this hungry Mama couldn't stop myself before I remembered to take a picture!!!


This week I'll be sharing our Christmas memories, what was under our tree, what was found in our tree and what gift Jesus really wanted this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment