Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's Christmas! 2012



We made the decision to stay home for Christmas Day this year- something we haven't done in our 8 years of marriage! I was so excited to wake up on Christmas in our own house!

I imagined every gift under the tree to be for the kids. I imagined them running down the stairs at 6 am busting at the seems with excitement that it was FINALLY Christmas. I imagined a yummy, relaxing breakfast and then opening presents for hours.

My 2:30 am wake-up call with a sick little buddy changed all of that.
Graham and I slept in because were up so often that night. And apparently, the whole family needed extra sleep because no one woke up before 10 am!
Our breakfast turned into lunch and presents were opened that afternoon. Graham didn't act like himself but he managed to suffer through present time! :)

We started with our Tree Hunt before lunch.
I made a list of 'hints' for presents that were hiding IN the Christmas tree.
(I started doing this last year because their stockings were always over stuffed! And it keeps the kids busy while Mommy gets breakfast -or lunch- ready!)


The Elves made their annual exit Christmas morning, but not without leaving a special note and treat behind for the kids!



ALL of the presents under the tree were for the kids! And Mommy didn't put any names on them!!!
Reese was concerned until I told her the gifts with red bows were for her and the gifts with green bows were for Graham.


My sweet Christmas angels.....


I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! Even though our plans changed, and things didn't happen as I 'imagined', it was still such a fun and memorable day! You can't go wrong with spending time with the ones you love the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment