Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Hello Tagg.

This last month has been busy and has absolutely flown by.
It all started May 10 when we welcomed our newest addition to the family.

Meet Tagg Corbin


Born May 10, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Weighing 9 pounds 4 ounces and measuring 21 1/4 inches long.


Here's his story...

Friday morning, May 10, I woke up around 6:30 with a few contractions. Nothing out of the ordinary, I thought, because I had been having contractions for MONTHS now.
I woke up excited because today was my due date. I had made it. 40 weeks. I had been anticipating my doctor's appointment that morning at 8. I dreamed of him telling me I was dilated and ready! Although, reality was telling me, 'Probably not'. I was only dilated to 1 centimeter the week before. And with my past two pregnancies, I had been at 3 centimeters weeks before delivery. I was 'in the schedule' for an induction on May 15. It was comforting knowing that, for sure, I would not go past May 15.

I rushed around that morning getting ready and headed to my appointment at 8. As Joel left for work he said, "Call me if you need me."
As I was waiting for the doctor to come into the patient room to see me, I had a very intense contraction. So much pressure that I was almost certain my water would break any second. It didn't break and the contraction passed but I was still feeling pain and kept thinking to myself, "Maybe today is the day."
The doctor came in, checked for dilation and happily announced I was 4 centimeters! What an answer to prayer. I was thankful something was happening!
My doctor instructed me to head to the hospital. He said to walk the halls there and he would come over at his lunch to break my water.

So I headed home. Yes, that's right, home. I'd much rather walk in my home than in the hospital. I made a few phone calls on the way home. Joel (of course), my mother-in-law and my friend that was going to keep Reese and Graham for the day.
When I got home, I sat and waited. And I think, pretty much, scared my mom and husband. They kept saying, 'we should go'. But, I didn't want to get there until I knew my contractions were consistent.

Around 10:00, with my bags packed, we headed for the hospital. The big question was, 'Which baby outfit will we be using that night? The girl or boy one?'

When we arrived at the hospital, I had quite the entourage. Joel, my number 1 supporter, and the reason I was in this predicament (haha), my Mom, who flew from Virginia to meet her 3rd Grandchild, one of my Sister-in-laws, who wanted to experience a 'real live birth' and agreed to take pictures, and my Mother-In-Law who has been my faithful videographer for all three of my kids' births.

{Stopping for a contraction and to shed a few tears of excitement on our way to Labor and Delivery.}

It was around 11:30 when I was hooked up and fluids were going in preparation for an epidural. 




Then it was time to (uncomfortably) wait on this baby.




My epidural was in and working at 12:45.
{Smiles all around!}

My Doctor came, as promised, on his lunch break around 1:15 to break my water. 
We were all anticipating our baby to make it's debut very soon!

As I rested, the nurse reminded me to let her know if I felt any pressure. I told her I wouldn't because of the epidural. I couldn't move my legs at all, or feel anything. I had never felt the sensation of pressure in the past deliveries. 

At 3:30, I surprisingly felt pressure! Joel told the nurse who immediately checked my dilation. Sitting at the foot of my bed, with wide eyes, she said, "Don't push!" 
She knew my Doctor was in his office 15 minutes away. They called him right away. 

Within seconds the delivery room was buzzing with nurses preparing for delivery. 
Everyone was moving around with such urgency. I was so excited. (And a little nervous that I might be pushing and not even know it.)
With everything ready, the nurses joked that all my Doctor would have to do is walk in and deliver the baby. One nurse was even holding his scrubs open and ready for him.

The doctor arrived at 3:50....

And 16 minutes later, we met our son.


And he was perfect.




And his Big Sister and Big Brother thought he was perfect too!









Our family is complete.....
(for now.... )
;)

1 comment:

  1. Love it. So does the "for now" mean there could be more babies??? :)

    ReplyDelete