Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip (Banana) Muffins

I'm not a huge fan of bananas. Like when I'm ordering ice-cream, there's about 29 flavors I'd rather have than banana. That's why the banana is in ( ) for this recipe. You just get a subtle hint of those bananas! They will turn out so moist, you can 'hear' the moistness when you take that first bite!

Here's what you'll need:
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips (I add extra)
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 cup mashed bananas

Here's How:
Preheat oven to 400*

1. Start by mashing 2 bananas:


2. Mix your dry ingredients in another bowl; then add the mini chocolate chips:
(This is where little hands can help!) 




3. Mix all the wet ingredients together: 


4. And pour into a 'hole' (or well) of your flour mixture: 


5. Stir lightly, just until mixed and scoop into greased muffin pan:
(I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to do the scooping. One of these days I'll get one of those ice-cream scoops that will make this process a little easier.) 


6. Bake for 15-17 minutes. (And thoroughly enjoy the instant aroma in your kitchen!) 
(And that's why I use mini chocolate chips.... little bits of chocolate everywhere!)

No comments:

Post a Comment